Saturday, January 17, 2009

We went to Doernbecher yesterday for her treatment, it went well, but she is getting a little irritated during her treatments, it seem better if no one talks or do anything with her during that time. They did got Internet running for her, so she can get some distraction going on, that seems helped a little.
Anna's blood levels went down a little, so she is not in danger of getting blood clod, but her kidney labs are still going up a little. We will go back on Monday and then they will decide when is her next treatment.

1 comment:

Alexandra {{Awareness Warrior}} said...

Maybe you could try getting her a CD player and some headphones (I'm sooo old-school, aren't I? An MP3 player is "cool" too), and a good worship CD. When I'm in an extreme amount of pain during a procedure or test, I put myself into a "trans" of sorts. I just make sure my breathing is regular, and sing "Praise You in this Storm" by Casting Crowns to myself. It's the best thing I can do for myself in those situations is to put myself in a [mental] place of worship. Maybe it could help Anna, too.

Hang in there Anna, and I'll not sugar-coat here: what's going on totally stinks, and it certainly does not seem fair whatsoever. But you're an awesome girl and I completely believe and know you can do this. Keep your chin up and don't let any of this bologna chase away your beautiful smile :)

With my love and well-wishes,
~Alex